Motorized Trail Safety
Snowmobile Areas | Trail
Safety | Trail Etiquette
- Be sure to maintenance your machine before the season begins, during the season and after the season ends.
- Wear sensible, protective clothing designed for snowmobiling.Use a helmet with goggles or visor.
- Know the terrain you are going to ride.
- Always ride with a buddy.
- Do not pursue domestic or wild animals.
- Beware of fences if riding on private property. Always get permission from the landowner if riding on private property.
- If riding at night, be sure your snowmobile has a properly operating lighting system.
- Avoid trails with inadequate snow when snowmobiling.
- Be aware of unmarked hazards or obstacles hidden beneath the snow when snowmobiling.
- Travel at reasonable speeds.
- Prepare for the unexpected by packing a small backpack full of emergency items when riding.
- Avoid disturbing historical, archaeological and paleontological sites.