Equestrian Trails - Horse and Rider Safety
- Keep your horse under control and maintain a secure seat at all times. Expect the unexpected.
- Be sure your equipment is in good repair and fits both you and your horse.Be especially cautious around hikers, bikers and motorized vehicles.
- Buddy up with two or three riders. Traveling solo can leave you vulnerable if you have an accident.
- Check the weather forecast for your destination. Plan clothing, equipment and supplies accordingly.
- Carry water and emergency supplies even on short trips.
- Avoid “spooking” livestock and wildlife you encounter and keep your distance.