CRP-Management Access Program
CRP Index | Fact
Sheet | CRP-Map
Contacts | Haying/Grazing | Management
Improvement | Public
CRP-MAP is limited to landowners enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) with a minimum of two years remaining on their contracts.
- The landowner will agree to improve 10% of the CRP field by lightly disking and interseeding with an approved legume in the fall or spring.
- Noxious weeds can be controlled in interseeded acres manually or by spot spraying only. All other vegetation must remain undisturbed.
- No haying or grazing will be allowed on the entire CRP field. Some exceptions apply for counties opened up for emergency haying. Contact your local NGPC biologist for additional information.
- Landowners will be responsible for site preparation, planting and seed costs.
- The entire CRP field including the interseeded area will be open to walk-in access for hunting during the hunting season.
Access and boundary signs will be erected by NGPC personnel.
Participants will be paid from $1.00-$5.00 per acre depending on the management option selected. Annual payments will be made to cooperating CRP-MAP landowners in March, providing all necessary management activities have been accomplished.
Nebraska Recreation Liability Act (Nebraska Statutes 37-1001 to 378-1008) states that landowners or tenants do not assume responsibility or incur liability for injury to any persons who enter land opened to public hunting under agreement with the state.