Telecheck is closed during the November firearm deer season.
The Nebraska Telecheck Program allows hunters
to check deer or antelope by telephone or online, 24 hours a day, 7 days
a week. All deer harvested outside the November firearm season MUST be checked
via Telecheck as manual check stations will only be available for the November
firearm season. Antelope archers, muzzleloaders and late season hunters must use Telecheck.
How to get started:
- Make sure you have a pen and your permit.
- Call (800) 405-7700 or visit NEdeercheck
- Provide the required information, and write the seal number and security code on your cancelled permit.
- Unit code: A three digit number on the permit ( telephone check only )
- Permit #: Most are seven digit numbers
- Date of kill: (mm/dd/yyyy) Example: 09/15/2010
- County of kill: Name of county
Phone check requires 2 digit license plate code. County Code Reference
- Species: Whitetail, Mule Deer or Antelope
- Public or Private Land (select public area name if requested)
- Sex: Male or female
- Age: Adult or fawn
- Antelope: Is horn length greater or less than 9.5 inches?
- Guide for measuring Antelope Horns and Deer Antlers
- Deer: Is inside spread of main beam greater or less than 11 inches?
- Weapon: Crossbow, Archery, Muzzleloader, Firearm
- Days Hunted ( Internet check only )
- Management Unit where harvested- Antelope | Deer ( Internet check only )
Is a metal seal put on the animal?
No. Write the seal number and security code on the permit.
Should I keep the cancelled permit?
Yes. It is best to retain the permit until the animal is eaten.
Can I still go to a check station?
All deer harvested during the November firearm season MUST be checked at a manual check station. Antleope harvested during the October firearm season must checked at a manual check station. All other deer and antelope must be telechecked.
What if I have trouble?
Call Internet Check Customer Service - 402-471-0641
Call Telecheck Customer Service/HELP: (800) 418-4400
Available Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. CST
Why can’t I use Telecheck during the November firearm deer season?
Commission biologists need to collect age data from bucks. We also collect other biological data as needed. The November firearm season is the best time to gather this data.