Outdoor Reports Buy A Permit Nebraska Game and Parks Make A Reservation
About Us
Articles & Blogs
Social Media and Mobile Apps


Title Requirements

Home |Titles | Registration | License Placement | Renewals | Required Equipment
Flotation Devices | Lighting | Navigation | Accidents | Rules and Regs |
Boating Guide

boat stern On January 1, 1997, the Motorboat Title Law became effective. This will also affect the renewal process.

On January 1, 1997, all first time owners of newly acquired motorized vessels and previously owned motorboats whose registrations expired on December 31, 1996 or before, must obtain a title from the County Clerk in the county where the owner resides, before the County Treasurer will issue or renew any motorboat registration. Motorboat registration that do not expire until December 31, 1997 or December 31, 1998 will not be required to obtain a title until renewing their registrations.

Federal Law required all boats manufactured after November 1, 1972 to display a 12 character Hull Identification Number(HIN). This number will located to the starboard (right) of the motor on the transom within two inches of the top of the transom, gunwale, or hull/deck joint, which ever is lowest.

If your motorboat has no Hull Identification Number it will be necessary to obtain a new HIN from the Nebraska Department of Motor vehicles, see your County Clerk for further details. All motorboats must have a valid HIN before a title will be issued by the County Clerk.

end footer

About Us | Commissioners | Projects/Bids | Jobs | Privacy | E-News Subscribe

Nebraska Game and Parks Commission - 2200 N. 33rd St. Lincoln, NE 68503 - 402-471-0641

Twitter Icon Clickable YouTube Clickable Icon Instagram Clickable Icon Vine Clickable Icon Pinterest Clickable Icon