VOLUNTEERS IN PARKS (VIP)
Lend us a hand!
Volunteers play a vital role in sustaining the treasure that is Nebraska State
Parks, providing thousands of hours of service each year. Opportunities are
available across the state for a variety of short- and long-term projects.
Typical duties can include:
- Cleaning up a site
- Painting facilities such as picnic tables and restrooms
- Landscaping and planting of trees, flowers and shrubs
- Staffing entrance booths and information desks
- Improving accessibility in area
- Special events assistance
Who can volunteer?
Anyone can become a VIP. Volunteers under 19 years
old must have parental permission and the range of projects will be limited.
The VIP program is designed to provide volunteer opportunities for individuals
and groups to play a valuable role in parks in their area.
- Because we need your help!
- Because you can learn and experience new things.
- Because you care about preserving natural spaces.
- Because you want to give back.
- Because you want to have fun.
- Because you can be the difference in our park system!
A wide variety of duties can be assigned to meet an individual’s skills; parks
will work with the volunteer on a flexible schedule. Thousands of Nebraskans
have volunteered at Nebraska State Parks and have enjoyed their experience while
at the same time providing an invaluable service to the park system. Why not
join them and find out what a great sense of satisfaction you can earn while
make a valuable contribution to your favorite state park area.
Want to volunteer?
Click here to become a member of our NGPC
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.